Are you currently suffering from jaw and facial pain? If so, it is important to have it treated by your dentist immediately. If left untreated, it can cause serious oral ailments within your body. In addition, it can lead to debilitating pain within your facial area in numerous places. Thus, it is important to always visit your dentist if any jaw pain should arise. Here are a few tips to remember:
– Underlying conditions with your oral health including toothaches, infections, and other similar conditions can give rise to jaw and facial pain.
– Problems with your sinus can often give rise to jaw and facial pain.
– If you are suffering from any illnesses or diseases with your oral health, including gum disease, TMJ disorders, and bruxism, you may also be suffering from jaw and facial pain.
– Muscle relaxants, antibiotics, and anti-inflammatory drugs have all been proven effective in treating and lessening symptoms of jaw and facial pain.
– To help treat jaw and facial pain, mouth protectors and exercises can be implemented.
– Oral accidents and injuries, as well as arthritis, are known causes of jaw and facial pain.
– Sometimes additional procedures will be needed to help eliminate issues associated with jaw and facial pain. This can include tooth extractions, periodontal treatments, and root canal therapy.
Enhance your oral health with jaw and facial pain treatments. If you would like to visit with Dr. Sarah Frye and our team at Frye Dental Care for a comprehensive examination, please call 336.248.5057 to set up an appointment at our dentist office in Lexington, North Carolina.